Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The O Factor

Last week was the big day; the FIRST time in my life I have INTENTIONALLY tried to get pregnant!  Let's all pray the first time is the Charm! 

After work last week (before my IUI), my Supper Club girlfriends met up for our monthly gathering of food & cocktails.  Everyone was happy to hear that the Big Day is here!  They were asking me questions about how it works...  I answered what I could - but I was sure I didn't know exactly what to expect.

A couple of the girls were curious whether it would help to have a 'Big O'?  A good question.  My response... while having a Big O is usually an ideal part of getting pregnant, I really think I'd be humiliated to feel any level of pleasure - with the doctor "down there".  

Technically speaking, the IUI is less invasive than a pap smear.  The frozen Swimmers will have been thawed and measured/tested, they will be inserted directly in my uterus.  I've read that there is "unscientific evidence" that a Big O can be helpful when conceiving naturally as it may help the Swimmers move through the vagina and cervix into the uterus.  In the case of an IUI, the Swimmers start in the uterus.

So while there will be no O Factor in this process - what matters most is getting the best Swimmer past the Goalie!!!


Now... I simply wait...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately due to an overabundance of recent spam I have turned off Anonymous commenting.