Monday, June 14, 2010

Making it through the Two Week Wait

I'm in the midst of my Two Week Wait (2ww).  The doctor instructed me not to test until Thursday (2 weeks to the day from my IUI).  Since I told myself that I need to enjoy the process I compiled a list of things to do to pass the time during the wait.
  • Search for a new job with great benefits (if you need one) 
  • Rent a boat for a day on the lake with friends
  • Get together with local SMC's
  • Visit with family
  • Train your dogs
  • Finally get the cracks in your windshield fixed
  • Try new recipes; perfect old ones
  • Deep clean your kitchen
  • Read a good book (not about having/raising a baby)
  • Yard work
  • Catch up with old friends
  • Pray...

    I've done all of these things and a few more... yet I find the later half of the 2ww wait to be the toughest part.  This is going to be tough emotionally the more cycles I have to go through it...  

    How have you distracted yourself during the 2ww?


    *Puppy on top-right is Izzy (Australian Shepherd/Lab rescue) 20 months old
    *Puppy on bottom-left is Faithy (Lab rescue) 16 months old

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Unfortunately due to an overabundance of recent spam I have turned off Anonymous commenting.