I wasn't worried about it. She has been a breathing champion since June, except for that week after her second surgery. Still, I'm glad she passed without issue! I'm happy for anything we face without issue!!!
During rounds this morning, the doctors set a discharge date of September 10. While it's nice to have a goal, I don't think the date is truly realistic. The biggest obstacle is waiting on the FDA approval for the use of Omegaven as an outpatient. It was confirmed today that the wheels are in motion. It took close to a month to get her inpatient Omegaven approval. I don't expect it to take that long, but I would be shocked if it was in place by the end of next week.
The wheels are also in motion for arranging home health care, equipment, parent education (that would be me, learning how to do all of this nursing care), etc. I expect that to kick into high gear next week, if it is not deterred by the DNC which will be just down the road from the hospital next week (the city will be crazy, roads shut down, protesters, security check points, etc). Hopefully people know how to skirt around the madness downtown so we can make some progress.
I will also have the opportunity to "room" with Ella before she comes home. They have hospital rooms associated with NICU where she and I will be on our own, I'll be able to do her care, with a nurse close by. That should help me gain my confidence as I start doing her sterile fluid changes daily and operating the pumps.
I'm still trying to fine tune other details while being effective at work. I need to get a lot done from a work perspective so I don't leave things a mess as I take additional time off
Oh, and the doctor has now ordered that Ella sleep in her crib like all other babies... with no blankets, on her back. The little one loves to sleep on her tummy so I feel bad for her nurse tonight, as she is forced to break that habit. I did leave her swaddled on her back, I hope she adjusts well, for the nurses sake!