Those who have followed my blog through my cycles know that I tend to get pessimistic in the second week of the 2ww. I know that pessimism is to soften the brutal blow of a potential BFN, because each BFN hurts. This month I'm realizing that the pessimism has been fueled by lack of the slightest, smallest symptom.
IUI#6 Symptom run down (IUI was Tues. 10/19, I think I ovulated the night before):
- BBT dropped to 97.5, the two previous days were 98.2 & 98.4 (the "dip"?)
- Occasional pressure, like a bruise being pushed on, in my abdomen (implementation cramping?)
- BBT jumped to 98.6
- Specks of blood on TP 3 times (implantation bleeding?)
- Occasional abdomen pressure/cramping
- Boobs slightly tender when sleeping on stomach
- BBT still 98.6
- BBT at 98.4
- Boobs still occasionally tender, just feel different than norm
- BBT at 98.4
- Boobs still have that different feeling
- Lower back cramping, but different than AF cramping
I don't know!?! This is different than my previous 5 IUI cycles. I really think I could be pregnant but I cant be sure... could I just have gone insane? Could I be imagining the "symptoms"? This is why I actually took a photo of TP #2 - which had the least amount of specks... but I wanted evidence that I saw something, because by now I'd be telling myself I didn't (but I did!).
To POAS or Not to POAS...
My beta date is Tuesday (and as mentioned before, that's also the date of my IVF consult). Of course, if implantation happened so early (Sun//Mon) then by Saturday my HCG should register. I told myself if my symptoms got stronger I could test as early as Friday, but I wouldn't say symptoms have gotten any stronger than earlier this week.
I have been planning all along to POAS on Sunday so I could begin to cope with a BFN if that was the result. BUT... I really am enjoying this week believing I could actually be pregnant. If I actually am pregnant, I want to know as soon as I can know... but if I'm not pregnant I don't want to ruin that feeling by finding out too soon that I'm not pregnant, just crazy.