I don't deserve the award given the long delay in putting my response together. I'm trying to figure out why I was having trouble making myself put this post together? Other than receiving the nod during my 5th BFN something has been holding me back... I'm not quite sure still what has been holding me back, but here goes.
First, a thank you to all of the nods that came my way. I am afraid I didn't capture everyone who gave me a shout-out... and for this I am sorry. I was not tracking and figured that I would go back and reread those blogs... now so much time has past I'm sure I'll be leaving someone out... but here goes: THANKS GOES TO...
- Shannon @ Chasing Rainbows, who I met through a group of SMC's "in real life", before we connected in the blogsphere
- Faith @ Exploring My Options who I feel like I've known a long time... and my youngest dog's namesake
- Jay @ Stork Stalking - scientist, bookworm, excellent blogger and got her first (great) beta today Congrats Jay
- Nell @ Skating on the Edge of Madness a teacher who I love to read because she does a great job of expressing the experience of SMC TTC
- Baby Chase Project - who just finished her 2ww with a bit of a cruel tease, unfortunately not the desired result. I'm so sorry, TTC is such an emotional rollercoaster
- One additional 'nod' to misconceived who reminded me that people did want to read about my 'seven things'.
1. I'm an introverted extrovert. My friends would disagree with this statement but I do have to know someone well, feel comfortable and accepted in order to open up and be myself. I'm simply not good at small talk so that sometimes makes me come across as quiet or unsociable.
2. I'm actually allergic to shellfish but never liked it or seafood.
3. I'm a reformed workaholic. My average work week used to be 60+ hours (which explains the 39 and never married, I threw myself into my work). Things changed when I got laid off last year... it was a very difficult lesson but I have come out on the other side no longer interested in ladder climbing or title chasing. I'm STILL learning what to do with all of this additional time now that I don't work 24/7.
4. I'm a reformed careless spender. This goes hand-in-hand with the layoff mentioned above. For so many years I would buy something when I wanted it, always pay full price and never blink. I had a boat! Now I enjoy consignment stores, clip coupons, buy in bulk or I just don't buy at all.
5. My house is FAR too big for a single woman, this goes along with the careless spending. My house is great, in a fabulous neighborhood but it's 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2800 square feet with a mortgage that now, in my reformed ways, makes me uncomfortable. I would love to downsize but obviously we all know the state of the real estate market...
6. I grew up in South Florida... my entire family is still there, along with a couple of close friends. I'd love to be near my family again but just can't imagine living in that heat/humidity again; if it were not for the climate, I'd be back there.
7. I am so scared. After six IUI tries, five failed, one unknown yet. IVF is not a sure thing. How much money do I spend TTC? How much emotion and heartbreak do I allow? TTC puts me in this place I have labeled 'Mid-Life Limbo' where I'm in a constant state of waiting, not really moving forward, but waiting to do so. I'm not prepared for this not to work, I'm not prepared if being a mom is not in God's plan for my life.
As mentioned by several in our SMC blog community, I believe we have passed this award around to each other quite a bit. Going with their theme, I'm not going to recycle the award back through the community.