I am now entering the pre-ovulation phase for my 5th IUI cycle (pre-ovulation is my term, not a medical term). This is my first cycle on the Femara & Gonal-F. I've also been sick all week, my BBT has been OFF THE CHARTS... up to 1 full degree higher than my typical Luteal phase temp. I assume it's the illness but wonder if the new drugs have anything to do with elevated temps? I'm hoping I didn't FRY my eggs...
My CD12 ultrasound was this morning. This month I have ONE good Follie, 24mm, on my left ovary (last month I had two 18mm follies on my right ovary). Currently my right ovary has several follies less than 8mm... basically they are taking the month off and letting this one follie on my left Ovary do all of the heavy lifting.
I'm happy with the 24mm Follie. I'm just concerned that with the drug regimen I've just completed that there wasn't more than one. Dr. T was actually the doctor in the office today so she mentioned that IF I need a 'next' cycle that she may put me on birth control first to suppress the cycle and ideally get both ovaries to produce some good Follies... this is something I know is usually done in IVF but she thought given what we've learned over my cycles that it would be good to add in for me in an IUI cycle.
Anyway, I've been instructed to trigger tonight and come in tomorrow morning... I guess Ovulation is imminent and so my IUI may be tomorrow instead of Tuesday.
I'm actually really happy that my IUI will probably be tomorrow (except for my work schedule conflicts I'll have to juggle). I was starting to feel a little foolish for having the Swimmers delivered to my house yesterday rather than counting on them being delivered to my clinic by Tuesday morning... cutting it very close for my originally anticipated Tuesday IUI. IF I had not made that decision... I could have gone through this expensive cycle only to get to IUI day with no Swimmers.
The swimmers, by the way, are still hanging out on the kitchen table.