Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beach Week - Chicken & Grape Salad

I'm seriously unhappy with Blogger right now.  This post was almost done and I accidentally deleted part of it... and there is NO WAY TO GO BACK!


So... the short story...  I'm going to the beach with my girls this week, annual trip.  I'm behind on blogging, reading & commenting because work has been busy.  Hope to catch up soon!


The other part of the story is that my CA125 test (for endo) came back slightly elevated) so I've been told that the standard protocol is 2 cycles (42 days straight) of BCP + Letrozol... I'm about 14 days in.  Based on this, the earliest I will stim for IVF3.0 is late June.  I'm still waiting on the EFT/Endo Biopsy results... which should be in any day.  Once those results come in, I'll talk to Dr. T and learn more about what's going on.


In the meantime, I have a phone consult with CCRM while I'm on vacation.


I'm making my summer chicken salad - the chicken & grape salad - by request again for our beach trip.  I HATE mayo & mustard... will not eat it, will not cook with it.  This chicken salad is inspired by Dean & Deluca...  I've been perfecting it for years and it is, if I do say so  myself, much better than D&D.


I do tweak things every time I make it, especially at the start of each season when I begin making it again.  I must say, I've outdone myself today!


Here's my best attempt at measuring. Play with it and make it your own. Let me know if you add a twist/spice/etc. 
3 chicken breasts (more for a bigger batch)
1 cup OJ
Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
Red Seedless Grapes
1 Orange for zest
1 Sweet Onion (preferably Vidalia)
Celery (4 - 5 stalks)
Brown sugar
Salt

Lite House Salad Seasonings (optional, but makes a flavorable difference)

Cut up the chicken, cook in slow cooker with some OJ & Brown Sugar (enough to marinate). Chop celery & onion, half grapes, zest the orange, add nuts. Squeeze the juice from the orange into mixture. Add OJ, brown sugar, salt & salad seasonings (to taste). Note, you don't want it soggy, just moist, so don't over-saturate with OJ. 

5 comments:

  1. That salad sounds delicious! I have cut & paste for future reference :)
    Blogger can be a pain sometimes, I am always having issues with font size and spacing...your post today is pretty tiny ;-)
    Have a great girl's trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. June is a great month to stim. That's when I finally got a positive. Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great recipe - I'm going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad sounds yummy! (I hate mayo and mustard, too.)

    Keep us posted on the test results and the phone consult - and have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    Buy Laminate Flooring

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately due to an overabundance of recent spam I have turned off Anonymous commenting.