Today was WTF day with Dr. T. Let me back up... Monday, AF arrived... only 23 days into the cycle. That's a new record, by far, for short cycles. The cycle after IVF2.0 failed.
That should say SECOND FAILED IVF
- I didn't cry. I did blink back tears 2 - 3 times, but I didn't cry at all... this is progress. Or numbness. Or getting used to feeling so hurt and lost. But I didn't cry!
- No cycle shall be without a purpose. This is my request. Whether it be a cycle reserved for testing, an IUI cycle or an IVF cycle, every cycle from here on should have a purpose. Basically, if not a cycle for testing, every cycle will have greater than a 0% chance of conceiving my baby.
- My IVF2.0 embryos were GOOD! They were superior compared to IVF1.0 embryos. The two 'runts' that we didn't transfer were blasts at day 6 (and the 4 superstars we transferred were nearly at Morela stage on Day 3).
- My Egg Quality. I absolutely should be able to get pregnant with my own eggs... it's just a question of how many times it would take. Enter a comparison by my doctor to Celine Dion who had 6 IVF's before conceiving/delivering her twins with her own eggs. Sure... because I have the same resources as Celine Dion.
- Donor Egg Options. Dr. T knew I had met with the DE coordinator last week so the conversation started with how this would be a good choice (70% live birth rate) for the most immediate results. I didn't post about my DE Coordinator meeting yet, the waiting list is approximately six months. Bottom line, I'll get on the list as I digest the idea while I continue to move forward with my own eggs.
- Donor Embryos. Dr. T also recommended looking into donor embryos, as there are good success rates and it's significantly less expensive. My clinic does not have a donor egg program at this time but we talked about clinics that do.
- My Uterus. One of my biggest questions is about ruling out any potential problems with my uterus. At this stage (6 IUI's and 2 IVF's), Dr. T agreed it's time to investigate potential problems with my uterus. An endometrial biopsy is in order.
- Endometrial Biopsy this cycle. I started Femara tonight, CD3. We will use this cycle for the testing. It will be minimal hormones, and a procedure to take a small sample from my uterus around 10 days after Ovulation. It will be around 10 days to have the results. I have more research to do about this process, I'm sure it will be the subject of another blog post.
- IVF3.0 Immediately following this cycle. In the interest of my determination that every cycle has a purpose, we'll go immediately into an IVF cycle after this 'testing' cycle.
- Backup IUI cycle. Should IVF3.0 fail, rather than taking a month off, I'll go into an IUI cycle. The reason for the time off is that my RE goes by the practice of having 3 months between retrievals... so if I'm not stimulating or suppressing for a purpose, I'll have an IUI.
These are the highlights.