Monday, November 21, 2011

Beta #3

*pregnancy discussed*

It took nearly 11 hours to get the results of my bloodwork this morning!  I can't complain since I wasn't even supposed to have my HCG checked, the purpose of the draw was to check my estradiol and progesterone levels.  But every hour after 3pm I got a little more anxious.

Beta#3 is 2561.  I was hoping for something above 3300 so I was a little concerned with the number.  My nurse told me the number is good.  When I questioned her about doubling she assured me the number is good and that after a period of time the HCG doubling time slows.

I consulted Dr. Goo.gle and he confirmed that the number is good.  The doubling time is fine as long as it doubles within 72 hours (mine doubled in 52 hours).

My nurse told me that next week at my ultrasound that we should see a sac, fetal pole and heartbeat.  Oh, I hope and pray we do!


I continue in my cautiously happy state-of-mind.  I met up with some of the other local SMC girls this weekend and it was so nice to finally be able to be pregnant... moving beyond the long, difficult TTC stage.  It made it feel a little more real.

This morning at my blood draw, when no other patients were in the lab, I whispered to my phlebotomist who has drawn my blood dozens upon dozens of times "I'm finally pregnant".  She was so excited and started to tear up... which made me start to tear up.

My local IVF nurse walked by when I was in the RE office today.  She stopped, did a double take and said "I'm so excited for you".  And she really meant it!

I also got a call from my CC.RM doctor tonight (he said he was out last week).  He congratulated me on my success.

All of these moments add up and continue to make it a little more real for me.

Thanks to each of you who commented on my 11.11.11 post about my BFP!  I know that you are happy to see me reach this milestone... even as I'm trying to accept it as real.

And for my IF friends still in the trenches, you have my absolute support.  I have truly found a cause that I will continue to carry with me and support.  I will do my best to be respectful of the IF community as I move into the next stage of "pregnant after infertility".

Don't forget to take a minute to enter my first Giveaway for a POM Charm of your choice!  Help spread the word about this great symbol of strength, hope and support for the infertility community.  You don't have to be infertile to participate; my goal is to spread the word and each person who reblogs my post will be helping to spread the word!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations - that's awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you and hope to be following in your footsteps soon! (I'm in the 2ww following a FET).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! FANTASTIC...can't wait for your first ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie, I am SO SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you! & excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great number! Can't wait to read about the ultrasound. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand the beta paranoia all too well...but if both your nurse and Dr. Google have your back, try and trust it until your ultrasound. With LG I had higher than twin betas and with this last pregnancy mine didn't double close to normally...and about 33 weeks later I had a son! Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see such good beta numbers. Is it possible there is more than one heartbeat to be heard soon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for you BB. I remember our little dinner and how we had no idea how this would cycle would turn out for either of us, and there you are, so pregnant! You give me hope my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent number!!! I am so excited and happy for you too. You are there. Start taking deep breathes and savoring the moments...

    I will re-post your links, even though I don't need to enter the contest. Thank you SO much for passing on the info. I ordered a bracelet already. I've been wearing a cross-stitch pom colored thread around my wrist since M was born, and it helps me so much feel connected to my IF experience and to remember to enjoy ebery oment, even the really rough ones, because it is such a precious place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful beta! I can't wait to be able to bring you something yummy to eat after your little one is born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! Can't wait for ultrasound day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    sisal rugs abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately due to an overabundance of recent spam I have turned off Anonymous commenting.