Thanks to my very pregnant friend Shannon at Chasing Rainbows for tagging me for Twenty Questions!
Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (ok, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Absolutely they are part of the family. I often refer to my two 2-year old lab mixes as "the girls" when talking about them. I also sign many cards to family & friends "Love BB, Izzy & Faithy" (including the dogs names)
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
That's a no brainer. This IVF cycle will result in a happy & healthy baby come November of this year!
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Like Shannon, first I'd pay off my current mortgage (after I quit my day job). I'd adopt a couple of children, in addition to my baby from #2, then I'd start an animal rescue organization.
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Taking the girls to the dog park. Or working out, if I can motivate myself.
5. What is your bedtime routine?
Take out contacts, wash face, brush teeth. Close & lock the laundry room door where the dog door is located. The girls jump on the chaise at the foot of my bed and we spend some quality time saying good night.
6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other? If you aren’t, what have you tried in the past few years to meet someone?
Primarily online dating over the last few years. Before that was socially acceptable, I met guys at bars/parties,through friends and even through work.
7. What kind of books do you read?
I love a James Patterson thriller (except his series books like Alex Cross & Women's Murder Club). I also indulge in a good Nora Roberts romance/suspense.
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Raising my 9-year old and possibly another child. Hopefully in love with Mr. Right-for-me and living near family.
9. What’s your fear?
Not having my dream of becoming a mom come true, never connecting with a man who is my Mr. Right.
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
Nope. I love to look at the sky, the stars, the moon... I've never had the desire to go to outer space.
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Smile at the girls looking over the back of the chaise at me, with such anticipation (body-wagging) about starting the day. I wish I had their enthusiasm!!!
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single - if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I'd keep my first name but change the spelling to the biblical version of my name...
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
My breakfast casserole
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
The support and connections with other SMC's and women dealing with infertility issues. You can't get this level of support at an in-person local event.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Salty... but I do love my sweets
18. What items are in your purse right now?
Nothing exciting. Wallet, checkbook, receipts, lip gloss, eye wetting drops
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
20. What day would you want to live over & over (as in the movie Ground Hog Day)?
Taking a day off work with the man I thought I would marry and riding all of the roller coasters, over & over, at a local theme park.
And here are bloggers I'm tagging today
InconceivableA - my blog/twitter friend who is my IVF cycle buddy, for the second time
Paige at The Turning of Paige - a fellow SMC who exemplifies strength and perseverance
Jay at Stork Stalking - The smartest SMC TTCer I know, settling into her new diggs in NYC
SurlyGirl at It's Definitely Possible - a new SMC TTCer
Lots of big follies making my lower abdomen quite sore. Retrieval should be Thursday (final word will come tomorrow), Transfer would then be Sunday.