Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Surprise! 5th Birthday

It has been years since I have updated here.  For anyone still checking in or receiving notices I wanted to again thank you for your prayers and support during our difficult first year.  I have writer's block that I can't fully explain.  Part of it is because it's Ella's story, not mine.  I'm sure I have a few mental blocks from our experiences as well.  Time is always the key factor... 

But she is FIVE!

Ella is finishing her second year of preschool and preparing to head to kindergarten in the Fall.  She loves music, books, animals and being silly.  She has spastic quad CP.  This means she needs support sitting, standing, walking, eating, dressing, and is non-verbal.  She also has Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS) from her NEC surgeries.  She still has a g-tube for her nutrition but she does love to eat soft foods. 

Here are some pictures from her super-fun birthday party over the weekend at a local little "zoo". 

And for those of you who have reached out to me... thank you!  I'm sorry I have not responded to everyone individually.  My email has been littered with spam and if I don't respond immediately emails get lost forever. 









9 comments:

  1. I commented on your Caring Bridge post also. So glad to hear from you! Five years goes by so quickly, doesn't it? My sons are now 5 and about to start kindergarten, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted and it's so good to see the pictures of happy Ella. I followed your blog when Ella was first born and always wondered how you were doing when you stopped posting. Happy birthday, Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the update. Glad to see she is so happy and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see your update. Ella is beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to read your update as I have often thought about you and Ella. Looks like she had a great time at the zoo :-) Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so so so good to hear from you again!! I was thrilled when I went to my blog and saw you had an update! You and Ella both look so very happy...your smiles are just gorgeous and full of love! I hope you have a fabulous summer and that kindergarten brings both of you even more joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woowww 5 years!! I still remember when she was born and now is so grown up! Thanks for sharing Ella is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to read your update, BB! You both look amazing and so happy! Ella has the best smile - it's clear she is having a great time at her party! Happy 5th Birthday, Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to hear from you again! I went back and reread a few pages of your old posts. What a very long road you and Ella have traveled!

    Happy birthday to Ella and I hope she loves kindergarten! My five year old is just finishing her kindergarten year and is absolutely loving it!

    All the best to you both and a special virtual hug to you, Mama, for all the work you do.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately due to an overabundance of recent spam I have turned off Anonymous commenting.